Wednesday, July 1, 2009

WOMENS RIGHTS IN BIRTH


Hi All,

New legislation currently passing through Parliament will effectively make it illegal for Midwives to attend Homebirths as of July 2010, there is also a clause in this legislation that allows for women to be fine $30,000 for enticing a Midwife to attend her at home without insurance (there is no insurance available for home birth).
Please sign the petition on the Homebirth Australia website
http://www.birthoptions.com.au
even if you have never had, wanted, or been interested in Homebirth issues, please take a minute to think about this, it is about Womens right to Choice. It is a fundamental right to birth where, when and with whom they choose.
Thanks


What people say about home birth

Both our children, Renee & Daniel were born at home, an experience which I will always cherish! Just think, we could have everything just the way we wanted it and our children were born into an environment which they were familiar with, not a stark, sterile, clinical, noisy place surrounded by strangers.

We support Homebirth Australia's work and if you'd like to learn more and speak to the midwife we had, then visit http://www.ourmidwife.com.au
-: Laurence & Heather Billing


I enjoyed giving birth to my second son in a birth pool. My birthing room was warm and candlelit and I was lovingly supported by my birthing team. This made me feel emotionally safe as I birthed my baby gently.

I would love Australian women to enjoy a water birth just as I did. I am surprised to hear that less than 5% of Australian women can choose warm water immersion for pain relief and for birth!

I strongly recommend that the medical system in Australia give women the choice to be able to use a warm water pool during labour, for deep relaxation and giving birth.

I support Homebirth Australia's work to enable all Australian women to choose where and with whom they share their intimate experience of birth.
-: Elle McPherson

No comments:

Post a Comment